This inspection was carried out by three inspectors who observed 22 lessons and held meetings with staff, governors, parents and carers, and pupils. The inspectors also looked at a range of documentation, including online questionnaire, pupils books, the school improvement plan, monitoring records and minutes of governing body meetings.
To view our latest Ofsted report please click on the logo below.
Information about the school
- Pallister Park Primary School is a larger than average size primary school.
- In September 2012, the school was awarded National Teaching School status. It is the lead school in the Middlesbrough Schools’ Teaching Alliance.
- The proportion of pupils known to be eligible for the pupil premium is well above average. (The pupil premium is additional funding for those pupils who are known to be eligible for free school meals, children from service families and those children that are looked after.)
- The proportion of pupils supported through school action is above average.
- The proportion of pupils supported at school action plus or with a statement of special
educational needs is below average.
- The proportion of pupils from minority ethnic groups is well below average.
- The proportion of pupils who speak English as an additional language is well below average.
- The school meets the government’s current floor standards, which set the minimum expectations
for pupils’ attainment and progress in English and mathematics.
This is an outstanding school.
|Achievement of pupils
|Quality of teaching
|Behaviour and safety of pupils
|Leadership and management