Welcome to the Pallister Park Year 6 Page
Welcome to the Year 6 page. Here you will find information on the areas of study within Year 6, events and photographs of our adventures throughout the year.
Metafit will be held weekly on a Monday afternoon (3:15pm finish) to try to help the children gain a greater understanding of the importance of having a healthy active lifestyle.
The children are currently enjoying reading the David Walliams book, Gransta Granny. We appreciate your support with encouraging them to read at home and gain a signature in their planner every night.
At the moment, our topic is World War II and, alongside their home reading book, the children have been completing English work related to the book Goodnight Mister Tom which they have been listening to and discussing in class.
Any additional research into WWII is very much encouraged as this knowledge can then be shared with the rest of the year group.
The children are expected to complete English and Maths homework weekly, learn to spell a list of given spellings and read every night (planner should be signed).
sporting events are for selected children only, letters of consent will be provided accordingly.
- Monday 9th Oct & Wednesday 11th Oct – Parents Consultations
- Tuesday 10th Oct – Mixed Rugby (M’Bro College)
- Friday 13th Oct – Girls Tag Rugby (Southlands)
- Wednesday 18th Oct Mixed Golf (UCA)
- Friday 20th Oct – last day in school before Oct half term
- Monday 30th Oct – back to school
- Thursday 16th Nov – Gymnastics Competition (M’bro College)
- Wednesday 22nd Nov – Indoor Sports Hall Athletics (Eston)
- Friday 1st Dec – School closed (PD Day)
- Thursday 7th Dec – Table Tennis Competition (Ormesby)
- Friday 8th Dec – Sunday 10th Dec – Carlton
- Friday 22nd Dec – Cinema Trip